Trailmobile 40' Flatbed Trailer
The Trailmobile name is one of the oldest in the commercial transportation industry, dating back over 150 years beginning with horse drawn vehicles. Our model specifically represents a 1983 version with fixed tandem axles. The basic design for this trailer had been around since the early 1960s so we have included several optional parts to help backdate this model to an earlier one. Although contemporary flatbed trailers are more typically 48' or 53' in length, 40' trailer like our model kit are still commonly seen today on construction sites and in occasional use.
This model features a laser cut real wood deck and the kit is molded in the appropriate color for the prototype trailer so that painting is optional. Several detail items, including the wooden deck flooring, are available as separate detail items to use on other manufacturers' models or for kit bashing. Check our Accessories section.
- HO (1/87) scale
- Laser cut wood deck (available separately for kit bashers; check our Accessories section)
- Two different styles of bulkheads (can also be built without bulkhead)
- Reversible kingpin to fit either Herpa style ffth wheels or closer to scale models
- Spoke type wheels and rubber tires (available separately for kit bashers; check our Accessories section)
- Two style of landing gear legs; round dolly or sand shoe (flat)
- Landing gear may be modeled in up or down position
- Optional spare tire carrier and tool/equipment box
- Brake and marker light lenses included
- Authentic decals included
Important Note: All Lonestar Models products are 1/87 (HO) scale. They are not intended for the use of children under 12 years of age and should only be assembled by children with adult supervision.