Stake Bed Truck & Body
Lonestar's stake bed truck with working pintle hitch. Available as stake bed only or truck with stake bed.
Our stake bed body is the perfect complement to any model railroader's layout or truck builder's collection. This utilitarian design is seen all over North America along railroad rights-of-way with crews maintaining tracks, signals, crossings, and transporting supplies. This model may also be used as a generic flatbed delivery truck with or without stake sides. Included is our acclaimed working pintle hitch!
Our Stake Body Truck & Body kits include a Herpa Ford L9000 Aeromax cab and chassis. The Ford L9000 Aeromax was introduced in 1988 and continued production until 1996. These trucks are still in common use today.
- HO (1/87) scale
- Represents metal floor bed with diamond tread plate design
- Includes the first working pintle hitch in 1/87 scale (available separately for kit bashers; check our Accessories section)
- Includes photo-etched rear window protector
- Includes brake and marker light lenses (available separately for kit bashers; check our Accessories section)
- Available with or without Ford L9000 Aeromax cab & chassis
- Undercarriage type muffler
- Designed to fit Herpa Ford L9000 Aeromax long wheelbase chassis, can be modified to fit others
- Builder supply or appropriate railroad decals included
Note: The Herpa Ford L9000 truck used in our kits is a trademarked product produced for Ford licensee Promotex
Important Note: All Lonestar Models products are 1/87 (HO) scale. They are not intended for the use of children under 12 years of age and should only be assembled by children with adult supervision.